- Limit one application per business.
- Applications must be received by the deadline provided by your local UPS district.
- Each applicant must have a business website and a physical product in development (prototypes will be reviewed and/or accepted on a case-by-case basis).
- You must be able to attend the Pitch-Off event (please contact your UPS district for details on the venue and event date).
- All applicants must agree to be contacted by a local international expert from UPS and their partners.
- All applicants must meet the criteria for a qualifying business entity as outlined in the challenge rules.
- Applicants are solely responsible for costs and expenses associated with entering UPS X-Port Challenge and attendance at the Pitch-Off Event.
- Please refer to the official rules for the X-Port Challenge and additional details.
Participating geographic areas may be designated for some, but not all of a state or district. As a result, not all businesses in a state or district may qualify for the UPS X-Port Challenge in a participating UPS district, depending on the principle business address for the business. The following states are included within a participating UPS district**:
- Chesapeake: DC, Delaware, Maryland, Southeast Pennsylvania, Northeast Virginia, Southern NJ
- Florida: Florida minus the panhandle
- Great Lakes: Michigan, Northern Ohio
- Mid Atlantic: Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Northwest Maryland
- Mid South: Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida panhandle, Southwest Virginia
- Midwest: Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Arkansas & Southwest Illinois
- North Atlantic: Northern / Central New Jersey and Greater New York City, Long Island
- Northeast: Upstate New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
- Northwest: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, Montana & Wyoming
- North Cal & South Cal: California, Nevada & Hawaii
- Ohio Valley: Kentucky, Southern Illinois, Southern and Western Ohio, and Indiana.
**Please note that the region in the upper northwest corridor of Indiana is excluded.
- Great Plains: Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota & Nebraska
- Red River: Texas, Oklahoma
- Desert Mountain: Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah
* All credits for UPS export services that may be awarded as part of a prize must be redeemed and used for applicable services by no later than the date provided in the official rules. The UPS export services will be provided subject to the standard terms and conditions applicable to such UPS services. Certain restrictions and exclusions may apply. Each Pitch-Off Winner must have a valid UPS account to use the UPS export services.
**The remaining UPS X-Port Challenge events for 2017 will be conducted by individual UPS districts. To be eligible to participate, your business must be incorporated and registered to conduct business under the laws of one of the states within a participating UPS district.